Writing Successful Funding Bids
When you write a funding application, how often are you successful? Your time is precious and good funding opportunities few, so make sure every application is as strong as possible. Come and learn how to make your funding application or bid stand out.
The course will enable participants to:
- Know how to prepare effectively for writing a proposal so you are able to respond to opportunities quickly and efficiently
- Be confident deciding whether or not to bid
- Be aware of how to write in an appropriate and effective style
- Understand what makes a successful application or tender
- Have experience of being an assessor and scoring a bid
Summary of content
- Introduction, overview and expectations
- Who are you pitching to and what do they want?
- What do you do anyway? What is a case for support, and why do you need one in order to write a good bid?
- Making your case - a chance to craft your own case for support
- Get Ready, Get Set…before you put pen to paper, what do you need to consider?
- Communication, Communication, Communication! How to get your point across in a clear, concise and appropriate way. Looks at language and style; structure; consistency and completeness. Interactive practical example.
- Getting it done - top tips and pointers on completing an application process
- Assessor Practice - interactive practical example
- Reflect and Review - a chance to review your own work
This session will be led by Leah Selinger of Selinger Consultants. Leah has over 15 years’ experience as a fundraiser and senior manager in the voluntary sector where she has worked in and with charities to be more effective through a combination of support services covering governance, strategy, income generation and execution. Her consulting work specialises in fundraising and strategic planning and includes support to a range of local and national charities and social enterprises – both generating income directly and advising senior staff on related matters.