Erdington Collection Tin Volunteer
By becoming a BHF Collection Tin Volunteer, you are joining an empowered network of dedicated volunteer fundraisers who help the BHF to save and improve lives. Quite simply, without volunteers like you, the BHF couldn’t continue its pioneering research into Heart and Circulatory disease.
What will I be doing?
Responsibility of the Collection Tin Volunteer:
- Place collection tins in shops and businesses in your local community.
- Count and bank these tins 4 times a year- March, June, September, December
- Thank the local shops and businesses for their support.
- Inspire others to support the BHF and find new placements for the collection tins.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Basic IT skills with access to a computer and email.
- Numerical skills- willing to count large amounts of coins.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to volunteer for a minimum of one year (following training).
- A commitment to the BHF’s values.
What training and support will I be given?
The BHF is committed to ensuring that volunteers have an enjoyable and worthwhile volunteering experience. All Collection Tin Volunteers will have:
- A comprehensive induction to the BHF.
- A Collection Tin Tool Kit to support your role and information on BHF administration
- You will have support from existing volunteers and your local Fundraising Manager, as well as the BHF Fundraising Support Team.
- The opportunity to gain and develop skills and to meet other volunteers.
- Out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering reimbursed in accordance with the BHF Volunteer Expense Policy.
Where will I be based?
You will be working in your local community. Your local Fundraising Manager and the BHF Fundraising Support Team will be on hand to support you in your role.
What else do I need to know?
This role can work flexibly to suit your availability and other commitments. The time commitment will vary depending on the time of year.
What’s in it for me? By volunteering with the BHF, you will have the opportunity to make new friends, use your skills to support the BHF and also have fun! You will be making a huge difference to the lives of heart patients today and future generations by raising vital lifesaving funds to power our ground-breaking research.