Assistant coach/Peer motivator for disability sport
Envolve Wellness is a social enterprise delivers specialist exercise interventions for people with long-term health conditions and additional needs. Activities include boxercise, dance for Parkinson's, dance for dementia, chair fitness for seniors, gentle exercises for people living with stress.
Our Family BoxerciseSEN is a community project where families who are living with additional needs come together to do Specialised Boxercise workshops tailored to suit their needs, in order to improve physical and mental strength, build confidence and resilience. Weekly or fortnightly after-school session, term time only. Minimum 1 hour a week.
Sports qualification isn't essential as initial induction training is provided so you'll feel prepared and confident before attending, you'll also receive ongoing support throughout the journey. This is a very rewarding experience.
- We are looking for our candidate who has a keen interest in sports and fitness, previous sports participation is preferred. Must be in good physical health
- Have a passion for working with people with a disability, have an open mind and willing to learn.
- Have a happy outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Have a lot of patience
- Ability to adapt to work indecently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to join the coach in the session and help our members to get active and create a memorable and positive impact on their overall health wellbeing.
- Can drive or have access to transport. Expenses can be covered
- The volunteer will help setting up and clearing away equipment for each session
- Demonstrating movement alongside the coach, offering support and assistance to participants where necessary
- Providing one-to-one support on occasion to less mobile participants and adapting movement to different levels of ability
- Provide hand holding experiences to constantly motivate people working their best.
- To treat our members fairly regardless of their condition and be respectful of their confidentiality.
- Be creative in working approach to make sure they feel included and confident about themselves
- Attending events and meetings to advertise our disability services as well as build relationships with other sectors